Disclaimer

My Blog (njunaidah.blogspot.com) is purely based on self opinion and thoughts and does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information's, content or advertisements contained on, distributed through, or linked, downloaded or accessed from any of the services contained on this website, nor the quality of any products, information's or any other material displayed,purchased, or obtained by you as a result of an advertisement or any other information's or offer in or in connection with the services herein.

Thursday, September 14, 2017

Wilcom Hatch - My personal experience

Assalammu'alaikum family, friends, readers and followers of this blog. I know I have been yapping away about Wilcom and Hatch a whole lot this week. I just cant get over it (in a good way).

I miss the Digitizer a lot lot! So what in Digitizer do I miss the most?

The Applique command. Do you even know how neat it makes any applique, the ability to remove overlap, and still stitch so awesomely? Well this is proof!
Image may contain: one or more people

I love love love how it removes overlap so precisely.

This applique command is only on Digitizer, and I love creating this! I didn't create this from scratch, I merged two designs together (a number applique and a bow applique). While I am sure other software may be able to do this, but I just don't think it will be as easy as Hatch does it.

Another thing I miss, is obviously digitizing on its own. Doing manual digitizing is awesome. I really don't know how else to emphasize it. It is so easy! Maybe it needs a bit of getting used to if you are not the right click left click kindda person, but it is oh so simple! I tried doing auto digitizing with the Creator version, but it is far far away from the precision of a manual digitizing effort. The end product of the two is almost worlds apart. Maybe if the design is super simple and the image file you have is top notch vector file, then perhaps you wont see much difference but if your file is altered, distorted (because of resolution) or very complex, oh the joy of being able to manually digitize them is like getting hot chocolate on a cold snowy night alone. Ok, I dont really know what it feels like to be in the cold snowy night alone (because I am in Sunny Singapore - and the only cold experience I had was in Shanghai minus the snow), but lets imagine anyway. :p

I also miss a lot of the fonts that comes with the Digitizer. Especially the one I used for the girls' name on the romper above. I love that font. I got something else that is close enough from DME, so I guess that'll make up for it.

The Creator being at US$599 and Digitizer being at US$1099, with just 4 BUT very major difference, I tell you that $500 difference goes a long long way. The Creator would be great for those who always have a vector image file to work with I think.

Oh what are the difference between Creator and Digitizer? The four major difference are that Digitizer could do 1)manual digitizing, 2)could fill/run shapes, 3)the digitizing tools  (this is nifty! I love them!), and 4)create applique (I love love love this ability!!!)

Those 4 is definitely worth the US$500 difference, but in the currency exchange, that is over sgd$700!! That is a lot... But I know it is worth every cent.

The only reason why I didnt go to Creator right away and got myself Customizer is because, I dont think I will use a lot of Creator's additional function (the difference between the two) a lot. I just felt that I will use a lot of the Digitizer stuff that Creator cant more than the Creator programme.

Many reasons here, because 1) who in Singapore have vectored files to do anything? I have come across a lot of companies who dont have the vectorized file of their logos. What I get is a badly distorted file when enlarged. I cant be digitizing a 2x2" image, can I? Who embroids that small... Ok fine maybe there is, but with auto digitizing I feel like it will just be a blob of thread in that space. 2) I do a lot of applique more than a fully digitized image, and Creator cant do appliques. 3) I would love to have access to all the nifty tools that makes digitizing fun!

SO, I am just saving US$900 for the Digitizer upgrade from my Customizer once I have the funds. That is SGD$1305 people.. 3/5 of my salary after CPF. And here I am wondering if I can afford to downgrade further to 3days a week work. In my dreams now.. in my dreams. I need to work triple hard, get more sales off my business and try make it up to earn all the funds so I can invest in this blardy good software, by hook or by crook. I am dead fix on that. No negotiations.

Sometimes I cry because I keep getting myself into an emotional trap like this by diving right into the best product there is in any world. Well, I guess I deserve the best, in that silly way.

So, what's so great about Customizer then, you may ask. Well, I feel that Customizer are great for those who are totally up for monogramming and editting lettering, adding words, and making a standard font all unique and one in a million again. How? Well, in Customizer you can amend each lettering to be closer to each other, to have an additional node to make some have extra sharp pulls, etc. And to make them straight, vertical, horizontal, diagonal, circular.. it is all in a click of button.

Between the Basic and Customizer is just US$50 difference, so I say go for the Customizer. Unless you are really not going to change any designs you have, you just need to change colors, stitch settings, change display and just need to export the files into different formats then ya maybe you wont need Customizer.

Between this two are 5 major difference of which is definitely hands down worth way more than the US$50 difference between the two. In Customizer, you can 1) create monogram 2)add lettering 3)edit/reshape letterings 4)can use true type fonts (ttf) and this is the awesome bit! 5) you get 60 professionally digitized fonts.

And if you use the reseller code, as per my last entry here, you will get the bonuses, and if you allow me to have your email address, I can refer you and they will send you the email to use a code so we get additional fonts. Why not? We both get free stuff! Then you can refer all your friends to it and get more free stuff, hey, really.. why not? You can leave me a comment, they are all reviewed and I can choose not to publish them, so dont worry. I wont be sharing anyone's email addresses in public like that.

Speaking of fonts, I like how ESA fonts has recommended smallest size to them. Example, certain fonts, like the monogram ones, the smallest recommended size would be 50mm, any smaller it may not stitch that well. but you can go bigger. The smallest fonts I saw has a recommended smallest size of 6mm, and I think that is an awesome size for small stuff and you don't want the text to overwhelm it. And I can promise you, it stitches really well.

I mean look at these:



I feel that it stitches well. All the fonts are smaller than 12mm, some as small as 8mm (due to the length of the names). It still stitches pretty. The intensity of the the stitches doesnt get too much or too little.
The red fuzzy lines that is with the font name, those are ESA fonts. The ones without the red fuzzy lines are True Type Fonts. I cant count them all, but definitely over 60 to chose from on my window. 


I also love the ability to show my customers what it looked like on different color background with the nifty background command, in which you can bring in type of fabric, color and even an apparel if you like. I think it is really cool.

Look!

That is the background command, just click it!

You will get this pop up, so many options there, play with it!

Look at all the options!
I love these blanks!

Realistic visualization, dont you think?
On caps too! So cool, right?

I like the ability to pick a hoop! That's the command you need to hit if you wanna see the red rectangles you see on the prev two images, the one on the romper is a 5X7 hoop and the one of the cap is a 4X4 hoop. If you don't see your hoop size, you can always create it yourself, and it is easy! I mean it!  

These are the lettering effects you can choose and play with, just a click guys.. How much easier can it get??

Also, with Wilcom Hatch, you use a log in profile, so no dongle to care for.

And if you are ready for the free trial, get it from here!

I promise you wont regret. It gives you full access to all that it can do as if it is the real thing! 30days, no credit info required. Just an email address. And when you are ready to purchase you can let me refer you so we both get free ESA fonts from DME. Have I told you that they now have over 400 cool fonts! Wanna see them? Yes? Go embrace yourself for 54pages of all gorgeous ESA fonts here, tell me, wont you want the additional fonts by having me refer you to them? ;) Decisions, decisions....

Until the next Hatch Facts chat (see you in the group!),
Jun

Wassalam

4 comments:

hatch embroidery said...

such a nice blog , I am really impress your writing skills , we are also work in StitchMax software , it can use to embroidery design and punching use, The Stitchmax Provide best embroidery digitizing service, Stitchmax is a great way to start creating and editing professional embroidery designs on a VERY low budget. Its can Every device support of Windows OS with all versions that is work fast speed and smooth work, website: stitchmax [dot] in

stitchmax said...

Stitchmax, An Enhanced Embroidery digitalization Software That Comes with High Productivity and All Advanced Feature of Machine Embroidery Designing. It Has Very Unique And Exclusive Features For Stitch Effects, Drawing Methods, Automated Punching And Decorative Tools Which Are Specially Customized For Professional Designers, Industry Owners, Training Institutes, Embroidery Shops, And Apparel Designers.

Stephny J said...

Really Impressive article it actually helps a lot to learn more about Digitizing Embroidery the way you explains is quite simple for beginners although this software is never easy to use.

Julia Robert said...

Wilcom is one of the best option and quite professional to use for embroidery digitizing services. As an embroidery digitizer i also prefer to use wilcom. Thanks.