Disclaimer

My Blog (njunaidah.blogspot.com) is purely based on self opinion and thoughts and does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information's, content or advertisements contained on, distributed through, or linked, downloaded or accessed from any of the services contained on this website, nor the quality of any products, information's or any other material displayed,purchased, or obtained by you as a result of an advertisement or any other information's or offer in or in connection with the services herein.

Thursday, September 07, 2017

Embroidery Software - Hatch by Wilcom & Digitizing Made Easy (Review)

Assalammu'alaikum family, friends, readers and followers of this blog. I know and well aware that I haven't been blogging reviews for a long while.

I have been hunting for a laptop ever since I heard of this programme. Oh wait, what? Sorry.. As most would have known, I have been embroidering for awhile now, I outgrew my Brother Innov-is NV955 and bought the Innov-is NV800E in June. I have been quiet about it and laid low for many reasons, and that would be another story altogether. Back to what I intended to write today, I first heard of Wilcom when I sent my logo to be digitized so I could embroid it on whatever I want.

The guy who helped me used Wilcom Pro and I am so impressed at the fine fine details it could do, very unlike any other digitizers who used different softwares. I knew then that if I were to go down the digitizing world, this is the software I will be after. However, we all know good stuff dont come cheap. Hold your breath guys.. Wilcom Pro costs £1899 onwards. The ultimate one that I would aim for would be the e4 designing which cost £2999. They have the subscription version now at £99/month. That is still a lot. So I held my breath till I almost fainted.

Then someone briefly mentioned Hatch by Wilcom.. Which led me to add myself to many groups of this programme users, and soon found myself downloading the free 30days trial which allows you to use all 4 programmes (from Basic, Customizer, Creator and Digitizer) and enables you full access to all its functions, including saving the source file (.emb) and to export it to various formats namely .jef, .pes, etc. How cool!

I got straight down to try out digitizing, and it was such a breeze to do it! I love it! Many said wilcom is not very user friendly, but they lied! I find it so easy to use! Perhaps it has a similar workspace and methods to what I do everyday at work, thus the easy transition. I managed to do a few good ones stitched out. I wish I could afford the Digitizer, and saving money for it is definitely in place. Oh it cost US$1099.

I settled down with the customizer when my trial was almost ending which cost US$199. I guess I can survive now, but I immediately miss having the Digitizer. I like how Hatch is modular, meaning, down the line, if I decide to upgrade to a Digitizer, I dont pay $1099 no more, I just need to pay the difference between my Customizer and the Digitizer. I have to save save and save.

I purchased mine via Digitizing Made Easy (reseller). There is a code to use of which you will get DME's bonuses which consist of 10 ESA fonts, one class and a month Ultimate Stash from John Deer's Ultimate Stash Plan. Why would people turn down these bonuses?

The fonts used on hatch are ESA fonts, not the typical BX font or what not. I find their fonts stitches better than other programmes, not sure why or if I am just biased having fallen in love with this programme or whatever it is.

I keep telling myself there is just no other programme as good as anything from Wilcom when you dive right in to the best there is in the embroidery world. I get disappointed with what other softwares offer. I just had had had to save all the money I have to upgrade to the Digitizer soon..

The only downside to this programme is that it is 1)expensive (but 200% worth the money) 2) it takes awhile to load up, about 2minutes (we are just aliens who keep wanting stuff fast, don't we?)

The up-side? It is awesome awesome awesome stuff! And the help you get when you are in Wilcom Hatch Fact FB group (link here) is amazing, they jump on your question and help you. And the amount of youtube videos to help you get around is also really really really good and 100% helpful! I love Sue's voice, almost like my mom when she taught me how to sew the first time, very comforting and you can almost feel her supporting you along the way to get you moving forward. So much love for DME!

Leave me your email so I can refer you to the software and if you purchase via my "refer a friend" link we both get additional free ESA fonts! Win-Win people! They are over 200 fonts and all 200 of them are so pretty!!!!! I would need them all!!!!!

I am in need to make sales to afford the Digitizer, people!!

So ya, hit me up with your email addresses in the comments below (I wont publish them if you leave a note for it) for the links!

My next entry of this wonderful software goes through the differences of all 4 programes, you can read it here.

Until I save money for Hatch Digitizer,
Jun

Wassalam

6 comments:

Monica said...

Nice article. I just finished building my first design, tonight. I hope stitching it out is just as easy. I adjusted the size of some elements, and duplicated one, as well. Will I be able to do these processes with the $199 program?

Jun Yusof said...

Hi Monica,

The Hatch Customizer wont allow you to resize the design, but the individual lettering, yes you can reshape those. Which is why I miss the Digitizer a lot. Make the best out of the 30days trial while you still can!

Here is a quick link for comparison of the 4 programmes: https://www.wilcom.com/Hatch/Products/HotcakeStoreAdmin/ProductViewer/tabid/3605/slug/Embroidery-Customizer/Default.aspx

Julia Robert said...

Wilcom is one of the best embroidery digitizing software and i mostly use to digitize logo.

MashPatooties said...

I'd love to take advantage of the bonuses. Please refer me using the email address supplied. Thanks!

Jun Yusof said...

Did not see ur email address though. I need to check if i can still do referrals.. Email me maybe?
Junaidah(dot)samsung(at)gmail(dot)com

Benjamin Clerk said...

We provide the best services of convert JPG to DST PES files online. Get in touch now to order to convert your files to an embroidery format.