Disclaimer

My Blog (njunaidah.blogspot.com) is purely based on self opinion and thoughts and does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information's, content or advertisements contained on, distributed through, or linked, downloaded or accessed from any of the services contained on this website, nor the quality of any products, information's or any other material displayed,purchased, or obtained by you as a result of an advertisement or any other information's or offer in or in connection with the services herein.

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Sewing the Lane Raglan by Hey June Patterns

Assalammu'alaikum family, friends, readers and followers of this blog. I have been on the sewing bug, as many would have noticed. Still on it..

Since sewing the girl a raglan, I got so intrigued to sew my own raglan, but as everyone would have known I am a sucker at drafting - no matter how simple it looks like. I just couldn't, or probably because I am too lazy to calculate or press the calculator. So I looked for a pattern to buy.

I do my insta research looking at hastags raglan and hoodie and sweatshirt and stuff. I saw one that instantly caught my eye, and made my heart flutter. I left a comment at a stranger's photo, disregard the possibility that the other end will find me creepy or anything like that. And I stumbled back with a reply that leads me to Hey June Patterns! And then I looked further and oh my so many beautiful creations! And oh my! A0 prints!!!!

So I went about and purchase without thinking twice! And got myself making 2 raglans for myself in one sitting! It fits oh so well, it sews oh so fast, instructions were clear, and bonus point.. the designer herself is very fast at replying and acknowledging the apparel made from her patterns! Oh my..

Here's what I have made with the Lane Raglan pattern:

The first:

Image may contain: one or more people, people standing, phone and selfie

The second: (This one is quickly taken by my sister!)

Image may contain: one or more people and people standing

the third: (This time with the hoodie option) - oh yes the hoodie is part of the pattern options that comes together! It is definitely worth the money buying this pattern!
No automatic alt text available.

The forth: (because I like it so much, I had to make another one for myself!)

And I am waiting for more knits to arrive so I can make more! It is really so pretty and the fit is superb! My exact measurements would be an XS, but I like a very relaxed fit and made myself an M for the camou print (because it is not very stretchy) and an S for the fourth Lane because that Lycra Knit is super stretchy and heavy, so too big and it would look very borrowed. :p

If you would like to purchase the pattern, you can do so here :

Lane Raglan : direct website at Hey June or at etsy.

And if you need help with the pattern, got stuck or wish to hack the pattern but not sure how, you can join their FB Group here.

I have since purchased a few more patterns from Hey June, and would blog about it soon!

And if you are not a sewing person, but wish to purchase the finished apparel, check my business page out, we will be launching these in 2017! Look for hashtag "sewbasicsg".

Have a good end to 2016, and let's get ready for a better 2017!

Until I sew again,
Jun

Wassalam

No comments: