Disclaimer

My Blog (njunaidah.blogspot.com) is purely based on self opinion and thoughts and does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information's, content or advertisements contained on, distributed through, or linked, downloaded or accessed from any of the services contained on this website, nor the quality of any products, information's or any other material displayed,purchased, or obtained by you as a result of an advertisement or any other information's or offer in or in connection with the services herein.

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Fabric shopping!

Assalammu'alaikum family, friends, readers and followers of this blog. I know and well aware that I've been missing in the blogging arena for quite awhile, and so I am back to make up to it! So... here's another post to write! Alhamdulillah..

Following the post sharing my sewing projects, some asked if I will be taking in orders, the options, and above all that, I got asked, "Where do you purchase your fabric?:

There are many nice places that provided a whole lot of range to go to.

Last month, whilst I was still on hospitalization leave, after my follow up, I met a few sewist aka fabric hoarders aka new friends to take a walk-around tour at Chinatown where a lot of our local sewist, crafters and the likes talk about.

We all know I wear slippers for every occassion, BUT I dressed up for that occasion! Look!

I hardly wore shoes, but this occasion calls for it! 
I put faces to three names in a group that I joined not too long ago. I got a lot of information and new knowledge imparted to me from Sis Rahayu. We had fun. Lots of jokes, and more knowledge. :)

Back to where I got my loots from:

Chinatown

I got these on that trip:
Pretty remnants (less than 1m each piece) from Malin Textile

And these notions from Brighton
There is plenty, and to just name a few may seemed unfair.

Clementi Central

Then, there is the nearby local textile shop that I frequent to get my 100% cotton when I couldn't get my lazy bum to head down to Chinatown (oh did I mention the above-mentioned is located at Chinatown?).

The 100% cotton collection
The thing about this shop that I really like is that they always bring in new designs.

Mustaffa Centre


I only attacked their remnant bins, to be honest, because I am taken aback with their prices. $12/m for the cotton range and $18/m up for their softer (suitable for apparels) range. Perhaps it is just me not ready to spend so much knowingly I might just screw up by cutting it wrong or something along those lines.

Joo Chiat Complex

I had always went to this place, but never got a chance to take a photo. However, I am always prone to being cheated so I don't go alone to shop fabric there, ever! If I have to, I really need to drag my mom, or some new friends.

Arab Street

The whole stretch of great apparel fabrics. It is heaven! Here are samples of my loots that I got there! Mostly would attack Arab Street for fabrics like Sildoll, laces, Songket, washable silk, easily put as Apparel fabrics, those thats drapes very nicely on the body, especially.

A large collection of Sildoll and the printed one is Cotton. ;)

These are Washable Silk

Spotlight

The last place I go to unless there are sale (then again, they have sale like ALL the time!). It is heaven nonetheless to "wash" your eyes to the wide range of fabric and pretty prints.

And whilst all these physical shopping and molesting of fabric is awesome, I still succumb to online shopping when I just couldn't find time to get fabric or if I was given two choice - shop or sew. 

So here are my online preferences:

Fabric.com

As we all know, I have been sewing a lot.. And 70% of my loot is ordered online, fabrics mostly coming from Fabric.com

So far, alhamdulillah. I am very satisfied with the service rendered. I like how they come in their box. However not everything can be shipped direct to Singapore. Their licensed fabric such as those patented disney prints can only be shipped within US.

The thing about fabric.com is that I never had to worry about the quality, it is almost 100% guaranteed that all the fabrics they have are of awesome quality, and measurement never go wrong, and if they do, such big organization will usually try their best to damage control and will value their customers. I have read reviews and most of the customers who got their orders wrong, or cut to the wrong dimensions often get their replacement pieces or refunds almost immediately.

Sew Many Knits

If you need to get knits, and not ready to spend a bomb, Sew Many Knits is the place to visit!

Quality is clearly stated and I can say it is really of great quality and definitely value for money kindda buys! I have shopped and returned many times for more knits!

Don't believe? Visit them here and judge the price yourself! Don't blame me if you do end up shopping a lot!

I am sure there are many other sites to shop with, but I am only sticking to these two for the moment. I am skeptical when it comes to shopping online for fabrics as description by sellers sometimes are just not right to the feel.

Until I find another fabric heaven,
Your fabric Godmother,
Jun

PS: Feel free to comment in your favorite shops. Just give me 3days to approve your comment. :)

No comments: