Disclaimer

My Blog (njunaidah.blogspot.com) is purely based on self opinion and thoughts and does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information's, content or advertisements contained on, distributed through, or linked, downloaded or accessed from any of the services contained on this website, nor the quality of any products, information's or any other material displayed,purchased, or obtained by you as a result of an advertisement or any other information's or offer in or in connection with the services herein.

Thursday, March 31, 2016

Renovation Contractor Review : Thian Ho Renovation Contractors

Assalammu'alaikum family, friends, readers and followers of this blog. So today, I shall review Thian Ho Renovation Contractor.

We acquainted Ah Heng when my parents flat was enbloc, so we got this new bare flat which need renovations and all. We are very simple people who don't fancy feature wall, platforms or false ceiling that sort of people. By simple, we just want things to be practical. So we settled for just a good kitchen set-up, a few installations, and we are happy like that.

So my father's friend asked us to come by his flat to take a look at his renovation contractor's workmanship and design, and so we did. We like the idea, take some off, and we engaged Thian Ho almost immediately.

Ah Heng was very accommodating, coming by our place, take measurements, talk to us, recommended us a few suggestions, and got us a good home to live in.

As such, he left a very good lasting impression in my head, and I had always thought he would definitely be the one who will do my own flat when I get mine one day. But we kept our options open, and allowed other contractors to quote us as well.

Other contractors however didn't achieve that comfort we have with Ah Heng, and his price definitely is no match to start with. And other contractors always make it look forced to have that false ceiling and down-lights into our living room which we definitely do not fancy.

So on Good Friday, while everyone was preparing for an egg hunt, we got Ah Heng down with his men to take a look at our flat and take measurements. The carpenter was a very "no-nonsense" guy, but he is actually very nice, but he has that stern face like "DO NOT MESS WITH ME" kindda look. I still like him, because it means business, alright.

So after an hour or so of telling him excerpts of what i want, and how I want it, he gave me a good quote of under $15K. And I find it a joy because our budget was under $18K. What this means is we have a good buffer to get our sink, stove and everything essential for installation so we can kick start life in the new flat. We even got some spare for washing machine, dryer and refridgerator!

Workmanship wise, my parents' flat is living proof, nothing has broke yet, and everything is still just as good with no downfalls as yet, and we have been living there for about 4years.

Another thing we like about Thian Ho is that they are not hard up for big deposits. Unlike some companies where you MUST make 10-20% deposit to book, then 50% deposit more upon getting keys (with adjustments after measuring), then balance before it is even completed kindda arrangements.

With this contractor, because we were recommended clients, they do not demand deposits. This translates to the fact that Thian Ho has a positive cash flow, and not surviving with deposits after deposits, and this is definitely a good sign to start with.

I have spread his cards over to a few friends if they are not so "atas" like needing a 3D visualization art and what not. Honestly, I just prefer contractors to IDs because firstly, I am a CAD Drafter, if I want to, I can do it myself, secondly, because I am a drafter, I can visualize by just looking at the floor plan. And I find it unnecessary to spend so much for space planning as I can do this myself.

I am a simple person with a simple family, who just wants a simple home. So if you do come by my house, do not judge per se. I am just like that, not because I don't have the moolah, but because I am just a simple person and if possible, she wants her home bare (which is impossible with aged parents and future kids). So furniture seemed to be mandatory.

So what is our home theme? Hmm... I shall say something between a minimalist and nature?

We'll see.. Pictures will follow when renovation is in place and when the house is taking shape into a home.. Stay tune!

Thian Ho Renovation Contractors
License No : HB-06-1550-D
Blk 344 Jurong East Street 31 #01-45 S600344
T: 6564 9733
Email: thianho.reno@gmail.com
Web: www.thianhorenovation.com

Heng Jee Tee  (Ah Heng)
9105 3679

Feel free to engage them!
You can always mention that I recommended them
Jun from 815B CCK or 420 Casa Clementi.

I am sure he would recognise me with those addresses. :)

Happy new flat owner,
Jun

Wassalam



No comments: