Disclaimer

My Blog (njunaidah.blogspot.com) is purely based on self opinion and thoughts and does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information's, content or advertisements contained on, distributed through, or linked, downloaded or accessed from any of the services contained on this website, nor the quality of any products, information's or any other material displayed,purchased, or obtained by you as a result of an advertisement or any other information's or offer in or in connection with the services herein.

Thursday, December 08, 2016

Upcycle - the way to go!

Assalammu'alaikum family, friends, readers and followers of this blog. I am attacked with an overdose of sewing mojo and have been sewing a lot lately.. And yesterday, the mojo didnt go away, but my energy level was running low...

I re-visited some blogs, and I found some inspiration at Seam Ripper Joe!

So, I decided to just upcycle just to rid the overdose of sewing mojo - or perhaps just so it didn't die on me suddenly (because we all know that when the mojo goes away, it takes a whole lot to get it back!).

I am totally sold for a shirtdress lately (thanks to that McCalls 7380 pattern!), so I took some of my existing work shirts out to see if there are any matching remnants that I can match with.. And I found just the match.. I was initially torn between these two and got friends to vote in which matches better..


And i got 3 votes to pick the left and just one vote picking the one of the right!

Perfect! So I set myself out to upcycle it the simplest way I could because my energy is really low to calculate or think too much. So I decided to just do a gathered skirt part, which means I just need two rectangular pieces and just gather them to fit the shirt bodice.

And as we all know, my dresses needs deep pockets, so i added them in with not much choice. :p

I was so happy as I sew them all together because it matches oh so perfectly!

LOOK!

Aint it perfect?

And them pockets! Oh so lovely!

I love how these pockets rarely shows bulk. And how I can make it soo deep and feels normal!

And more perfect when I wore it today!

Look at the room in the skirt! 

My hands in the pocket feels so perfect!

And that's my compilation. And I love the happy print, not too loud, but statement enough to be twirling in it! I love love love shirtdresses! And I will probably chop off my yellow shirt and match it up with the yellow chevron fabric that has been lying in my stash like a sore thumb soon!

And here's the yellow one!

I didnt add much flare on this one, and had cut the shirt a little too short (thus the higher bodice). Thankfully, I made the pockets deeper on this one, so my hands (when inside the pocket) still lands right, and not in an awkward position. So yeay to deep pockets! :)

  And the balance of the shirts and fabric was then made into a little shirt for a 2 going 3 yr old. so pretty! I couldnt decide if I should cut off the bodice and add a skirt to it like mine, or leave it as is.



Oh the existing shirt? it is a Giordano Shirt. It is comfy, but the womens' always ends a lil tad short on my bod, and I often had to layer it with a long body inner to feel more secure/modest. So this upcycle gave my shirt a new life! I am so proudly skipping my way to work in this!

To more upcycling!

A happy sewist wearing her own handmade!
Jun

Wassalam

No comments: