Disclaimer

My Blog (njunaidah.blogspot.com) is purely based on self opinion and thoughts and does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information's, content or advertisements contained on, distributed through, or linked, downloaded or accessed from any of the services contained on this website, nor the quality of any products, information's or any other material displayed,purchased, or obtained by you as a result of an advertisement or any other information's or offer in or in connection with the services herein.

Monday, December 05, 2016

Sewing McCalls 7380

Assalammu'alaikum family, friends, readers and followers of this blog. About time I write a review!

A sewing review for pattern "McCalls 7380" a shirt dress for me!




I use a sz 6 top and sz 8 bottom. And I picked the most busy print, since it is my first try, I foresee myself making mistake, and a busy print will seal all those. heh..#sewingcheatcode101

Instructions was okay EXCEPT for the fly part. It was so confusing and hard to digest. There are reviews that says the same, so I am not alone. Thank god I know how it looks like and got it figured out myself somehow.

Took me 3hrs to trace and cut the pattern out, and piece it to the fabric and cut them up to prep.

And took me 6 hours to piece them together and sew to finish.

Here's my first. I made do without the sleeve cuff, and made it long sleeve instead of 3/4 sleeves and added pockets! All dresses should have pockets!

And here's the result:


See how the busy print hide all my ugly stitches and mistakes? haha! I like how my collar finishes on this one.

And I especially love love love my deep pockets!

And how I love it on me. And I felt crazy enough to make more of this!

So crazy I did it in my half zombified self and went ahead to make another piece, and made more mistakes. Bleargh. Haha.. But i rectified the mistakes to the best of whatever I can and here is it!

Sorry I didnt had enough mojo to iron the creases away or to put away that bag of remnants. But yes, the side front skirt pieces were sewn on the wrong ends to the middle front piece. So I amended it and turn it into a hi-lo shirt dress. Clever huh?

And oh I made contrasting pockets this time, because I just need to announce that my dress has pockets! Heh!

I really think I will end up sewing a lot of these dresses. And oh! I love the elastic touch at the back of this dress! I didnt take a picture of the back piece but I will add it on to this post once I do!

And here it is!


I just gotta relearn how to do the button fly right though, I need it to be neat enough before I attempt this dress on my AGF and Nani Iro!

So, I rate this pattern a 7/10. They need to write a better button fly instructions! So if you are attempting this or intend to buy this pattern, it will help a lot if you already know how to do a button fly, otherwise, you should reconsider, or have another method to do the button fly.

The rest of the instructions are okay and pretty straightforward. I love the dress, just not so much of the instructions. I love the outcome though! It felt so perfect!

Now! Fabric shopping time!!!

Until I sew more dresses and make it perfect,
Jun

Wassalam


No comments: