Disclaimer

My Blog (njunaidah.blogspot.com) is purely based on self opinion and thoughts and does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information's, content or advertisements contained on, distributed through, or linked, downloaded or accessed from any of the services contained on this website, nor the quality of any products, information's or any other material displayed,purchased, or obtained by you as a result of an advertisement or any other information's or offer in or in connection with the services herein.

Wednesday, February 01, 2017

Testing for Serger Pepper

Assalammu'alaikum family, friends, readers and followers of this blog.

Yeay! So I finally got chosen to test a pattern! And two sizes! I was nervous initially, but it all went well and I finished well before the deadline!

I was testing this wonderful exclusive pattern by Serger Pepper for One Thimble Issue 14. How honoured, right??? I am still recovering from that excitement!

Serger Pepper who? Ah, designer is Irene Valle from Italy! She is so nice, kind and friendly! Always answering us promptly when we got stuck and had questions.

So what did I test? I tested the Justin Pants! It is such a cool piece!!


Yes Drop Crotch pants! And multiple pockets!!!!

And I fit a sz 14!!! Double yass!!!

I love the fit, I love the funky-ness!! I love everything about this pattern!!

Testing it was fun, wasn't that hard, because someone quickly proofread it before I started and a few asked some important steps. So I pretty much zoomed through when there are hardly any problems. I solved the waistband issue bit (feeling a bit proud here!).

I initially wanted to use bubble crepe for the yokes, but it was a terrible mistake, the fabric moved 12389347281 times as I cut and got super out of shape, so I ended up using just good ol' cotton for everything. The teardrop floral piece is Bellaboo. the white floral one I forgot, but both are 100% cotton with no stretch. And oh boy it feels oh so comfortable!!!! I keep falling in love and kept feeling oh so proud whenever I wear it like I had to tell people it is an exclusive pattern designed by Serger Pepper and it will be exclusively released with One Thimble Issue 14. The issue date is Feb 10th, I think. Oh grab it guys!

It was so good, I made another piece!

Image may contain: one or more people, people standing and shoes

This time I used denim knit for the front yoke and leg parts, and denim woven for the pockets and back yoke. It is oh my.. I love it too much! I used leg cuffs or bands for this one and turned it into a pair of joggers. Oh.. It is great. Too awesome! 

I think this will end up a staple in my wardrobe. So I made our 3rd pair!





You can read more about Serger Pepper here.
More about One Thimble here.
The Justin Pants will be sold exclusively with the OT e-zine (issue 14), you can check it out here.
Do join the FB group (here) if you need help sewing the pattern!

Till the next entry,
Jun the happy sewist!

Wassalam

No comments: