Disclaimer

My Blog (njunaidah.blogspot.com) is purely based on self opinion and thoughts and does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information's, content or advertisements contained on, distributed through, or linked, downloaded or accessed from any of the services contained on this website, nor the quality of any products, information's or any other material displayed,purchased, or obtained by you as a result of an advertisement or any other information's or offer in or in connection with the services herein.

Wednesday, July 08, 2015

In my absence...

Assalammu'alaikum family, friends, readers and followers of this blog. I know and well aware that I've been missing in the blogging arena and this space for a long while now.. My last entry was on 14th May, and now, it is 8th July!!!

There are many reasons why I was deprived of blogging for almost 2months.

Hospitalised

Yup, I was hospitalised. I went to the GP on 27th May as I was feeling very breathless doing something very simple. I took a long 15minute to catch up my breath. I was told to get my chest xray done ASAP, and so I did. GP called me on Friday evening to see him the next morning, and so I did.

"Xray and report is NOT good, this is a letter for the hospital, please bring yourself in through A&E now" was what the GP had to tell me the moment I sat down in his clinic. 

I waited for my husband though. I even had time to complete my sisters' bags. 

The bucket bags for my sister and her daughters

The compliments from my sister
Back to being in the hospital. So my husband drove me down to A&E, and I registered myself. I handed over my Xray and the letter from my GP. They took my vital readings and almost immediately had a wheelchair ready to wheel me away. 

The fastest service I ever received! Obviously, it doesn't sound too good to be given such quick attention when you are in the hospital as it meant something serious.

I was then whisk away into an isolation room, just me, 4 bare walls, the clock and the bed.. The ticking of the time soon lullaby me to sleep.. I awoke to the same room with nothing new. I probably waited like 4 hours before a doctor came in to poke me, took my blood and put me on IV. About an hour or two later, I was told to get an xray done.

And some 3-4 hours later, I was finally given a proper bed in an isolation ward, as they still havent figured out what is wrong with me, all the while mentioning about the xray that reveals something was wrong with my lungs, highly suspecting a lung infection or pneumonia. 

And I stayed in the hospital for 8Days 7Nights. To be honest, I enjoyed my stay day albeit the frequent "I am sorry, need to check your temperature and blood pressure" and the "how are you feeling today, any giddiness, extreme breathlessness?" and "this is your medicine, don't forget to take after food, your food will be in very soon" sort of questions. 

I get to totally rest, I mean when else do I get to just sleep, shower, eat, and sleep all day, right? I was constantly thinking of all my sewing projects whilst I was there. But I totally spend at least 10hrs sleeping everyday due to the drowsy meds and the fact that there is really nothing else to do. 

And so on my 7th day, they finally decide to just diagnose me with some hard to pronounce and spell diagnosis. The only thing I caught was that both my lungs has some permanent damage. I was smiling when the doctor told me this, and she repeated herself and asked if I heard her. 

Oh well, what else can I do but smile, right? 

I was then given a long 14days to rest, before I swing by to see her again for a follow up. I will probably have to do that for a long long time... 

Sewing Projects

Yup, I kept myself busy with sewing projects. I started my own test labels, and did up lots of alpha and beta versions of my creations and let my family and close friends test drive them all. And as usual, I launched my bags. I wasn't too sure of my apparels just as yet, as I wasnt drafting at all, I was merely outlining an existing one and just do what I think is right sort of thing. 

As shameless as can be, I will share all my work here just for the sake of sharing. :p

Enjoy!! 

6 internal pockets and 6 external pockets! Awesome!

Wide Leg Pants made of Linen

Office Set. I love them! 

Camo Sweater made of Thermal Knit

Little Girl Dress and Tunic made of Cotton Knit

Bucket Bag (Beta Version) out for test review!

Bucket Bag (Beta Version) out for test review!

Both has been received and used by our chosen reviewers.. :)

Upcycle Project. A long sleeve crop top upcycled into a dress using 1m of Soft Knit.

Wrap Pants for a lady rider reviewer. Out for test rides, awaiting reviews.

My mom chose to call this Pajama. :(

Another bucket bag for a little girl!

Alpha version of my Green Packet organiser! Wait for the Beta Version!

Carry-it-all Bag! This is huge!! And I LOVE it!

Yup, you've guessed it right, I will be using the labels #sewbasic and #handmadebyJunYusof. 

The bags may look so complex, but trust me, they were all made of straight stitches and nothing fancy! :)

I guess that is all for my updates now.. And oh! This our last few days of Ramadhan so freshen up! Lailatur Qadr could be any day!

Have a great Ramadhan you alls! 

Till I blog again,
Jun 

No comments: