Disclaimer

My Blog (njunaidah.blogspot.com) is purely based on self opinion and thoughts and does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information's, content or advertisements contained on, distributed through, or linked, downloaded or accessed from any of the services contained on this website, nor the quality of any products, information's or any other material displayed,purchased, or obtained by you as a result of an advertisement or any other information's or offer in or in connection with the services herein.

Thursday, October 02, 2014

The First Vacation with Parents

Assalammu'alaikum family, friends, followers and readers of this blog. :)

It is almost, ALMOST, weekend again.. And if you had followed me closely, you'd know how badly I wanted to bring my parents for a vacation they so deserved after all that hassle of raising me.

We never really had a chance to go for a vacation before mainly because of our financial situation - we were never well to do, we usually only had enough. Secondly was about time - my dad being a sole bread winner, a day of leave would potentially mean a chance in losing his job, we were schooling bla bla bla. Thirdly, my parents are selfless - they always put us first, whatever we need/want comes first, so to them, they never needed a vacation.

Well, I wouldnt say my parents had never travelled, they have. Just not a proper vacation. It is always visiting relatives, or travelling in such tight timelines, and it was not relaxing - I think.

So, when the opportunity comes, I quickly planned one and just simply tell them to block the weekend and pack up. They were thrilled - having heard them call their friends and some relatives saying they are going for a holiday fully sponsored for. I smile, maybe out of pride, maybe because I know they needed this more than anyone else in the world.

So the day came, my parents got ready the moment I said ok, time to get ready. We waited for my BFF, and so we left the house at about 10am on Saturday. We took a lot of pit stops, to eat, to rest, to eat, toilet breaks, and what not, so we arrived at the hotel at 4pm. That is a long long ride, alright.

We booked Grand Lexis mainly for the private pool - which in the end, we only dipped twice or thrice - damn it is freezing cold! LOL!

The Private Pool - Daytime!

The Private Pool - Nighttime!

We didnt really plan where to go, or what to do while we were there. So it was really free and easy on us. Get ready and out when we feel hungry. Don't know where to head down to, so just drive along and stop when we see a potentially good dinner place.

We planned to go for some sight seeing the next day. And so we did. We visited the Ostrich Farm!



I, for one, do not know what to expect except to see some Ostriches. I bought food to feed the animals - okay.. So not only Ostrich okay... They said the one I bought is to feed all animals except the Camel and the Donkey. So, okay... they will be Camel and Donkey!

As we entered, we walked through with a friendly staff, he led us to the sheep. Mbeeeekkkkk... We fed them, ticklish, but awesome. They even mbeeekk at us as we walk away like as if they are saying Bye.

Next... Now.... Ostrich! We fed them, ok we tried! It was scary when they look at you in the eye!


He said, just stretch your hand straight with the food.

Can you see how scared my BFF looked from here?

My dad wins la, the braviest but scares you the most when he turns and says "Pain la!"
And yes the staff with straw hat there couldnt help but to laugh at us.. I straightened my hand, closed my eyes and say "ooooo you ostrich you......"

Haha.. And no.. we were all not injured, we still walk in one piece. :)

Next... My favorite!

DONKEY!

Meet my husband's best friend, DONKEY. 

And then we did this - unknowingly.. Cute isnt it?! Tilt to the right to the right! Haha..

And then we walked and found this CAMEL...


I tell you, this Camel is so the "action". It just couldnt be bothered with us, just sat there nonchalantly. Then I said, "Maybe I should touch you.."
And he had to turn to look at me in disagreement. And so I shrieked a little, "Okay, I wont touch you"
And he turned back straight ahead and move on with its life. Oh you Camel you....

Then another staff came to welcome us and lead us to this:

Mr Iguana and my BFF - she was hesitant and refused to take a pic wth it initially. But she braved herself! 

And my heroic dad! He told Mr Iguana "Thank you! Don't be naughty"
Then we proceed on, fed some ducks, chickens before we walked out all sticky and famished!

We drove right into some place to grab lunch.

Can you tell how hungry I was then?


We head home, supposingly to go to the Army Museum after a dip in the pool and possibly a short nap. And well.. guess what... We all dip in the pool much.. And then we nap till evening! Museum closed already. Oh wells.. And with that.. our 2 days at Port Dickson had went by...

We went to grab our dinner... To that I think our trip to Port Dickson was actually mainly to just eat! We literally, came here, rest, eat, sleep, eat, dip in pool, sleep, eat... That is really what we did..

And so yeah.. with a full stomach, we said we would play some pool. And we probably did that in our dreams. Oh did I tell you we went Karaok-ing on our first day after dinner? Well yeah, and we walked from our hotel. BFF just had to sing her favourite Rindu Serindu Rindunya by Spoon la kan.. So we just went ahead, and I... Well I like those screaming songs so ya.. Haha.. Kasihnya Laila la! Hehehe.

So we slept, woke up.. and it was time to say goodbye...

And like the beautiful sunset felt serene, so did my heart.....



Oh Port Dickson, Grand Lexis.. we will surely come again... We missed your already...

And of course la, throughout the trip I kept close touch with Baby M's Mama. Miss her too much! I happily babysit her the moment I reach home, as I was on leave the following day.

And today... Today we are going to the Expo for the Baby Fair! See you all there ok?

Xoxo,
Baby M's Mak

Wassalam


No comments: