Disclaimer

My Blog (njunaidah.blogspot.com) is purely based on self opinion and thoughts and does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information's, content or advertisements contained on, distributed through, or linked, downloaded or accessed from any of the services contained on this website, nor the quality of any products, information's or any other material displayed,purchased, or obtained by you as a result of an advertisement or any other information's or offer in or in connection with the services herein.

Thursday, April 28, 2016

My Reno Journey Week 3

Assalammu'alaikum family, friends, readers and followers of this blog. I know and well aware that I've been blogging about my new flat, but oh well, I can't help it... This is a continuation from this entry.

And so here is the continuation of Week 3 (yes too excited to wait and blog together with Week 4!):

Week 3:

We dropped by a few times and not much has changed except these few, for relocation of the power, and gas pipe installation..




We scheduled to meet Uncle Heng, so we can put a deposit to his work (because paying tens of thousands in lump sum kindda scare us). We decided to just paint the house while reno is ongoing, well at least paint those areas where built-in will go on first.

We went on to choose what colour to paint our house and somewhat agree on Green, so husband went about testing is the ladder at home could fit in the car so we can but the right size, and we set off to shop for paint and everything necessary.

We flipped straight to the greens....
And we chose Lime Frizz.
I was kind of worried if it will be too dark or too bright because I have only lived in white walls all my life, and just got accustomed to blue walls, and now green.. Oh let's see when we roll the first coat on our first wall..

And so, Saturday came and we were getting ready to paint the house, I head down to the new place by public meeting husband there, we set the appt with Uncle Heng at 4pm.

So I set myself to sweep and mop the place clean, and stuff... And we set ourselves to paint..

Uncle Heng arrived shortly while we were starting to paint, and so we asked him when the carpentry works will start coming in. He said it will come by Monday or Tuesday and thereafter take about 1 week for everything else to fall in place.

Yes, it shocked us too.. SO FAST?? And so our first deposit is paid and we continued painting the house Green... Here comes..

Actually, I am starting to love Green now!
 We didnt get much done that day with Baby M awake and the sun setting down quick, as you would have known my husband has night blindness, so ya.. we just got the first coat in our room, and set off to head home.

Painting continue on Sunday, 24th April. And I am still in love with this Green.
Yup. Bright and lively! 

Oh we had company that weekend.

Baby M behaved really well through the many hours of us painting the house. Well the first 2-3 hours she was asleep, but it helped us move along quicker and just in time for us to rest when she woke up.

We then took turns, me painting the bottom half, and husband painting the top half, then switched so he can rest and I can do the second coat of bottom half, and then I rest and he do the second coat of top half. It kindda worked well with us and we move relatively quick to finish all the rooms with built-in and mind you, my sewing room has a good 2.5 walls to paint! The rest with 1.5 walls to paint and the living room has 2.5 walls as well. And we managed!

We couldnt wait for the carpentry to come by so we decided to just walk around malls to see if there is any good deals to grab, particularly, husband is looking for a 32" TV for the game corner. And we walked and walked and saw a lot of $319-$350 deals, and were discussing if we should get it now or later or what.. And then we walked in Courts and guess what? A Sharp Aquos 32" for just $299, and sale is ending soon, and we sort of counted about 15 units unnamed, so husband made a quick decision to just grab it home. Haha..

When we got to our new place, there was no changes, and so we doubted for a bit, but I said maybe it was raining so delivery didnt take place today, perhaps tomorrow.

Well tomorrow was too tired, So we dropped by on Wednesday 27th April and were greeted by these! I screamed alright!

Yeay! Even the hob and sink is installed!

Yup no solid top yet.. 

Oh I am in love!!!

Definitely love the classic wood touch

Yup. Classical wood touch!

Our Main Living Room TV Console

Our Game Corner TV Console
So I was asked why I took the full console instead of the hanging one which is suppose to give a bigger space illusion. Well, first, it is my house, so I picked what I like. Second, my household is not made of majority healthy clean freaks and I hate clutters! And if you give that space beneath the console, it is very likely to be filled with I-dunno-what and made cleaning hard for me! So NO thank you unless you are coming by everyday to clean my house for me. So THANK YOU!

Ah.. Now.. Let's see what Week 4 will greet us with... I hope the sewing ACTIVITY room will take shape along with the two built-in wardrobes and the chest of drawers, then the lights and the fans.. OOOooo I am excited..


No comments: