Disclaimer

My Blog (njunaidah.blogspot.com) is purely based on self opinion and thoughts and does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information's, content or advertisements contained on, distributed through, or linked, downloaded or accessed from any of the services contained on this website, nor the quality of any products, information's or any other material displayed,purchased, or obtained by you as a result of an advertisement or any other information's or offer in or in connection with the services herein.

Monday, December 16, 2013

Review of FujiFilm Instax Mini 8 & Capturing Moment

Assalammu'alaikum!

Yes, it is time for a review because I have finally collected my loot!

I finally can put a face to the guy behind @instaxmoment on Instagram and the owner behind Capturing Moment of FB. A very nice calm man, he placed the bag full of loot at the backseat of my car, and reminded me that the camera had a sensor, and that it is best to rotate the mode to the one it suggested. I handed my cash for loot, and off we go....
 So nice to give us this bag! I had to grab over and get the camera out with a pack of Mickey films.
And yes, I took it out the moment we drove off! I immediately load the batteries and films, and shoot off the protecting film and tested the sensor.

And he WA me nice words to enjoy snapping away. I will surely return, Sir! Your service is too awesome not to return! 

I like the feel of the camera, my husband however said it is on a heavy side (I personally didnt even feel the weight). I shooted when I had the chance. Here's my first two shots!

I like how it works somehow with the mickey films. Nice that a shot of me had "My Gal" and "100% kissable" with Mickey and cupid bow/arrow while a shot of my husband had "So cute" with Minnie and hearts.

I knew it was a choice I wont regret. So far, the sensor only points to "indoor". I should brave the shyness and start shooting outside, maybe. :)

Then, I tried shooting my husband in pitch dark with Hi-Key mode.


I was amazed how the picture ended up so bright and clear. I wont be able to achieve this with other cameras that I've ever owned before. Awesome!!

All in all, it is so easy to operate and handle this pretty thing! I could fit it (with the box) into my Crochet Spacious Bag! And yes, I still keep it in the box with the bubble wrap! LOL!

And, oh! Did I mention how ergonomic it is to hold and shoot away with this Polaroid camera? I think all the Polaroid cameras are just as ergonomic. It is easy to hold with one hand, and snap. The buttons are all placed at the perfect position! I like how the shoot button is in the front and not the top like most cameras. It allows the user to hold with one hand only, two hands if your hands are not sturdy maybe, but this thing always gives me clear awesome picture no matter how shaky I was. (I never had steady hands - which is why I hated digital cameras that needs to be dead still for a clear picture, and also the reason why I ask someone else to help when approached to take a snap for a family)

And yes.. the films.. cheap cameras often comes with an expensive pricetag for the films like how an expensive camera comes with a relatively cheaps films (or none at all as everything is digital now!)

At capturingmoment, the films are relatively cheaper than most physical shops or vending machine - or so I heard there's one at JCube. Most shops retail plain instax mini films at $10/pack. As reported by a friend, the vending machine retails at $7.90/pack. I am the kind who likes to buy bulk, and I will in a heartbeat, WA CapturingMoment and tell him I want 10packs, and get it at $74. It gets cheaper when i go bulkier. 60packs are at $414. 80packs are for $544. $10/pack vs $7.40/pack, tell me you are still going to get the $10/pack. If you don't want to use 10packs, well... gather 10 friends and combine forces to purchase! Isn't sharing caring? ;) Speaking of which... Do hola me if you wanna combine order, as I might do that pretty frequently, at the moment I am booking my niece and a friend to join order as and when we need more films. And if I happen to have extra, or well, i will just sell it at $8.50 (including free local normal post). ;)

The decorated films at CapturingMoment retails from $11.50-$15ish. And the best part? It is all in-stock, no deposit required to reserve (if new stocks are coming) and you can self-collect or simply pay the postage! He mails them in 24hrs after receiving payment (for postage) and COD for self-collection.

If you can't wait, go find this vending machine at Jcube!



I screamed in excitement in my head when I see her message on my phone! So pretty! So convenient! I am so hitting that route soon!

I cant wait for my friendly assignment on 28th! I hope we can do it well and smoothly.The guestbook is 80% complete. It is very basic - not too fancy. They both loved the simplicity I portrayed across to their guestbook. I hope the guests would enjoy writing and signing on it too.

Secretly I wish there are spares so I can bring home and take more instant photos! And a friend tot of hooking me up with a guestbook+photo booth service with her. We'll see.. Husband is already complaining about the lack of time and attention la! ;)

Afterall my new sideline will start in April where I will crash-train over 2-3 days to deliver business modules. Then my business will also  start taking off. I will be running non-stop all over the place. And if all goes well, I intend to stick to my freelance job alone in 2015 without a full time job that will drain me.

My journey with the youngest Business Guru aka The Lady Boss will soon begin... I can't wait!
Can you already guess who she is? Would you like to be part of the team?

Till I blog again! (Next entry will be about my struggles trying for the little one and all the advices I got, because I love sharing!)

Wassalam,
Jun

1 comment:

I'm Just A Happy Kid ♥ said...

Assalammualaikum! Can I join the team too? You can just email me back at ilxvepzddlepxp@live.com! :) Syukran. Have a nice day! xx