Disclaimer

My Blog (njunaidah.blogspot.com) is purely based on self opinion and thoughts and does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information's, content or advertisements contained on, distributed through, or linked, downloaded or accessed from any of the services contained on this website, nor the quality of any products, information's or any other material displayed,purchased, or obtained by you as a result of an advertisement or any other information's or offer in or in connection with the services herein.

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Review on Dymo.com's LetraTag LT100-H

Assalammu'alaikum family, friends, readers and followers of this blog. I know and well aware that I've been missing in the blogging arena quite often lately.. Oh well, I gotta return one day.. So... here's another review to write! Alhamdulillah..

Dymo.com's LetraTag, Sanford SKU: S0725580 DYMO SKU: 19754

An amazing Label Maker, I must say!





It comes with a roll of 4m of paper to print your label on, then just cut and remove the backing and stick it to whatever you desire. I bought an addition 2m roll of iron on labels to test run on my sewing products.



The paper has stuck well on my frosted rulers, but not so great on my self healing cutting mat, maybe because i fold the sticker, so I'd try again flat on one side to see how it holds.

As for the iron on, the instructions are not very clear, so I wasted about 2 labels wondering what went wrong, it simply says to iron on fabric, and for safety caution place a scrap fabric on sticker before placing the iron on it for 10-15secs. It forgot to ask you to peel the black film like piece!

I have ironed these labels on my tissue pouches and on my bags, holding up well so far. Next test will be the machine wash test. Stay tune!



And so I have tested and run a few washes, whilst some stayed in tact, some didn't survive very well. I didnt have my phone with me when it was out of the machine, so I'd try describe it in words as much as possible...

The sides, the short ends, came off and dangled by the mercy of the middle portion of the tag. I manage to still bring it out and it barely survived, the second time I brought it out, my fingers were itchy and well, it peels the whole tag off. Fabric remains undamaged.

So this iron-on tag in my opinion is awesome for labelling names onto any fabric, but if you intend to brand tag your creations, then this may not be very ideal as consumers might just peel it out and wear it without your brand label.

The paper one was re-tested on my mug and plate.. Just for the fun sake to see how well it can survive despite it being paper. To be honest, it did survive very well. I labelled my mug and plate on 5th June when I got home after being hospitalized. It held on till today except it's ink was washed, and had just started to peel off. That is more than 1 month of frequent washing, at least washed twice a day!

This makes me re-think my review on the iron-on labels.. Perhaps I should iron them a little longer on its short ends... That might help it hold on much longer, I guess...

Anyways, I had ordered my cloth tag, and had just received it yesterday, so it anything, this iron-on labels would be used to just label them and peelable by the owners once they receive it...

I hope this review helps you!

Wassalam,
Jun

No comments: