Disclaimer

My Blog (njunaidah.blogspot.com) is purely based on self opinion and thoughts and does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information's, content or advertisements contained on, distributed through, or linked, downloaded or accessed from any of the services contained on this website, nor the quality of any products, information's or any other material displayed,purchased, or obtained by you as a result of an advertisement or any other information's or offer in or in connection with the services herein.

Monday, May 23, 2016

Renovation Journey Week 5, 6 & 7

Assalammu'alaikum family, friends, readers and followers of this blog. I know and well aware that I've been blogging about my new flat, but oh well, I can't help it...

And here is the continuation of Week 5:

Week 5:

On 6th May, my dad departed to meet our Creator.. Just suddenly.. And everything we planned was put on halt. We could hardly move forward. Another entry for my late father later on. I shall brave myself to complete this entry. Forgive us for the lack of photos as we were pretty down to be taking happy photos..

Uncle Heng called us to check on our flat to see if he miss any instruction. An indication that out flat is at least 95% ready. Since we face this along with our dad's demise, we put it on hold for later.

My husband took the courage to just check it out whilst my sisters, nieces, nephews and other relatives accompany my mourning mom. He returned and showed me the video of the house. It is very complete, except for the missing door bell, the service yard door still intact, the gas still unconnected and the drill for our wall clocks not done. So this message was relayed to Uncle Heng, and it should all be done by end of next week.

Master Bedroom- Built-in Drawer & Wardrobe

Mom's Built-in Wardrobe

Solid Top on sink

Solid top on Stove

Solid Top on opposite side

Sewing Activity Room Built-in

Sewing Activity Room Built-in

Sewing Activity Room Built-in


Week 6:

We had to go over on 14th May as a lot of our deliveries were scheduled on that day. Happy that there is a doorbell, our service yard door removed. But our gas is still unconnected. Uncle Heng came along too to collect the balance of the payment due.

And so did Starhub to fix our wifi, cable tv and telephone. And along came our curtains, dining table set, store shelfing installation and my delivery for fabric and interfacing. Our mom's bed didn't arrive till it is too late. So I threw a fuss and it got rescheduled for the 21st. Hold your anger and welcome our progress for now:

Curtains in Living Room

Curtains in Mom's Room

Curtains in Living Room

Review on our Curtain suppllier and installer to follow soon. :)

Solid Steel in Black 

Boltless Shelving Rack in Household Shelter

Review of Storation LLP will follow soon after. :)

We bought refrigerator, washing machine and TV on Friday night (13th) and scheduled for delivery on 15th. So we returned again on Sunday and got things set up a little. The game corner set up, the main TV area set up, we even got a kettle from Mama H so we can have a hot drink. So now, this house is slowly warming up to be our Home Sweet Home despite the sadness that enveloped us.

Refridgerator in the Service Yard

Front Load Wasing Machine in Service Yard (option to get dryer stacked on)

Main TV Console in Living Room


My aunt asked if I wanted the Arabic Calligraphy in her house (she has shifted to stay with my cousin so her house will be empty and getting ready for rental thus the giveaway), as she noticed my home taking shape into the natural theme of wood, and such.




There are a few more that we didn't put up as we lacked screws to drill.

Week 7:

19th May 2016, Uncle Heng called to say it is 100% complete on his side and that we can now lock our doors with our own personal locks. Yeay!! As of now, we are just moving forward to setting it all up to move-in condition.. So here's the photo updates, as much as I can provide..

Bed in Mom's room

Our 3+2 Sofa Set which comes with Coffee Table and Side Table

Sisters sorting my photo album. Hehe..


It is sad to end my Reno Journey, but I guess it will not be the last entry on my new flat. :) More things will be in to warm it up to a Home... And to just help me tide the withdrawal, I shall be writing reviews on all the companies that helped me breeze the whole Reno Journey.

Until I blog again,
Jun

Wassalam



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Salam, I just came by your blog and I hope that you will see this comment since it has been a long while since you last posted again! I see that you have the fridge at your service yard. May I know if, 4 years later, that is a good decision ? As I am in the midst of house reno, we are thinking of doing the same too! Thx

Jun Yusof said...

Hi! It has been well so far.. My neighbour upstairs often wash and gave us waterfalls on every rainy day, so our windows are always closed shut whenever it rains. Otherwise, it has been working out great for us to have our fridge in the service yard. 😊