Disclaimer

My Blog (njunaidah.blogspot.com) is purely based on self opinion and thoughts and does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information's, content or advertisements contained on, distributed through, or linked, downloaded or accessed from any of the services contained on this website, nor the quality of any products, information's or any other material displayed,purchased, or obtained by you as a result of an advertisement or any other information's or offer in or in connection with the services herein.

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

2017 Family Vacation!

Assalammu'alaikum family, friends, readers and followers of this blog. Nope, I think I will slow down by 90% on reviews this year, and focus on what goes on in my life for 2017.

So, March is here... and so is our FAMILY VACATION!! Yeay!

We had initially planned for 8 pax. However, our little big man was enrolled for the January intake which means his term break clashes with his sister's sch break. Even if it didn't, my little Hamtaro had CCAs and classes to attend through the one week break. So, yeah..

It didn't deterred our mood for a vacation though. We proceeded with just 4 of us, my husband, my mom, my 2nd niece and I. We decided to take a Starex with a driver for the whole 4 Days 3 Nights vacation, meaning the driver will be driving us up and around the whole stay, and with just 4 of us, he can afford to bring an assistant, which works both ways.

We got a little surprised though, because Baby M's Mama decided to let us bring her along for this trip at 5pm the day before we are to move off. So we went about grabbing a bigger luggage bag, and some innerwears for her to brace the colder weather there. We were a bit nervous because it will mean Baby M is going to be breaking her record staying with us for so long, and these 4 days to come is many miles away from home. So we brought her teddy, her babydoll carrier, her favourite jacket, and lots of matching outfits with me to get her excited for a bit more.

My second niece was more than excited, after having to miss 2 family vacations, one of which I missed myself. So she was thrilled!

Oh, where we went? We decided on Cameron Highlands. not freezing cold, but definitely a different climate and weather for us, so the extra excitement there. Most of us are going there for the first time, it was Baby M's and my 2nd niece's 2nd time.

So here we go...

Day 1: I made her sleep most of the journey

At one of the pit stops

The view I get while in the car

She playing and keeping herself occupied in her world

End of Day 1
Day 2: Bharat Tea Plantation


Us among the fresh green scenery

Fish Feeding at Lavender Garden

Day 2

I made this the night before we are to go off.

Day 3 at the 3D Museum

Day 3: Mt Brinchang


Day 3: Boh Tea Plantation

Day 3



Day 3

Day 3

Day 3


Day 3

Day 4: Raju Hill Strawberry Farm

So those are just SOME of our photos, there are lots more hiding in each others phone..

So Day 1, we got on the Starex 11 seater ard 8.30am, heading up with multiple stops to fill our tummies and get snacks along the way, reaching Cameron around 6.30pm at our homestay location. So our Day 1 is just dinner. The steamboat was meh. So, I wont be telling much more than just that.

Day 2 started at 9am, we went to Bharat Tea Plantation, the Butterfly Farm, the Lavender Garden, the Time Tunnel Museum, more makan, Night Market and makan again.

Day 3 started earlier, around 8am, we went to Boh Tea Plantation, the Bee Farm, Mt Brincang and Cameron Square Mall. makan, Night Market and makan again.

Day 4, we went to Raju Hill Strawberry Farm, Bee Farm and head home. We arrived back in Sg, at my mom's around 7.30-8pm.

It may not be much, but we truly truly enjoyed the cool and green climate there.

What made our trip great are usually the people whom we go with, which is of course awesome people because they are all family. Second is the person who bring us around, the driver and his assistant. He kept us informed right from the start, from the moment he foresee a traffic jam which may lead him to being a bit behind schedule right to keeping us informed of the temperature change, to how Cameron was occupied by the British to how the British train the Ceylonese to plant strawberries and tea.. It was informative, and very useful.

Thirdly, the accommodation. We didn't opt for hotel because we don't foresee ourselves utilizing much of the hotel's utilities and services, so we opted for a homestay, which is closer to home. We took the apartment at Suriana D'Royal Lily. It was definitely a good choice made, albeit the heater being pretty much pointless because it was freezing anyway. :p

But definitely did not define how much fun we had whilst we stayed there!

Who and How I got my driver, is via this Carousell post, afterwhich i followed up on his FB Page.
My driver is Mr Amirji himself.

Our homestay, I got it through the Cameron Highland grp here, I picked An-Najah Homestay, her fb page here. Home Owner blogs too, you can read it here, it is mostly in Malay, though. :)

In this trip, I find that I am the laid back traveller, in which I am not at all bothered about filling my stay with activities, but more for breath-taking views and experiences. So I am not as much compatible to plan for those who are in need of activities filled trip. That doesn't mean I won't enjoy if it was planned as such, because I am afterall more of a follower than a planner. SO, if you want to fill up your trip with activities, go ahead and take the plate off my table, I will be happy to hand it over to you.

This trip however, is not 100% planned by me on my own, it was something made up by all three of us, with mom taking the back seat. We input ideas on almost all the days we were there. Like how my niece input her suggestion to re-visit the night market on Day 3, and the omission of the Safari drive and suggestion to revisit the Bee Farm on Day 4 by my mom to get more honey, and the input of going to Cameron Square Mall to visit the 3D museum by me and my niece. It was more of teamwork because we are all laid back travellers. We can live the trip even if we have nothing planned, for as long as we get our tummies filled with good food. That's just how we are.

On the way back to Sg, we planned to travel again, further up, if we live up to it. Hoping the rest would join us, otherwise it is just the 4 of us again.

And just like that, 3rd week March is almost gone. And as usual, look up my monthly entry summary in a weeks' time.

To more travelling adventures,
Jun

Wassalam

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey I don't have words to describe this post. I simply want to say that absolutely informative post. It inspires me a lot. Keep posting.
electric bicycles price